Saturday, March 10, 2012
Just when I thought I had it all figured out....
Well as most of you know Ethan hasn't been doing too well with the sleeping through the night thing that most babies by the wonderful age of 4 months seem have no problem doing. Well the past 4 nights have been AMAZING!!
Thats right, Ethan slept upwards of 5 hours at a time, would wake for a feed and then back to sleep anywhere from 2-4hour incramints. The first 3 nights (mon,tues,wed) are greatly credited to grandma being over and keeping him up past his bed time (which I have now come to learn that he wasn't tired at 7-730pm but would get/s tired at around 8-830pm so we adjusted) and when he would go down it was no problem, we even skipped the book reading because he was so frustrated and just wanted to eat. Thursday night I went it alone to see if keeping him up later would help him go to sleep, and sure enough there was no problem, he went down without a fight and slept 5 hours straight and I got a wonderful nights sleep......
Tonight(Friday) was no different, I kept him up until about 8:15pm, we went up did his bed time routine and he went down without a fight, woke for a quick feed 45mins later and back to sleep no problem...well here I am sitting at my computer at 1:45am listening to him cry his heart out in his crib, if I go in a pick him up and cuddle him, he's back out...go to put him back in his crib...back awake crying, needless to say after a hour of doing this I have decided that he can be in there for a bit to cry and maybe exhaust himself....I have been doing the litle trick of wrapping him in a blanket in my arms so when I put him down he feels like he's still being held...yeh that's not working....sigh
When will this not wanting to sleep through the night thing end?? Im exhausted!! And honestly feel like crying just like he is....
XO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment