So I had my wonderful Gestational Diabetes Test this morning.
Nothing like asking a pregnant woman who is constantly hungry to fast for 10 hours and only allowed to drink water. Needless the say by the time I got to the lab this morning I was STARVING!! So I went in, and they took my blood for the pre-sugar count, which consisted of 4 vials of blood ( just so you all know I HATE needles) I know they were checking for my iron levels too because my doctor checked off the "suspect iron deficiency" box on the request for test sheet. And I am pretty sure that has something to do with the lack of weight gain I have had.
Anyway I was then asked to drink this LARGE glass of orange liquid. Needless to say it tasted like orange fountain pop on LOTS of sugar. But I have to admit I was expecting it to be A LOT more syrupy and warm, not sure why this thought came to mind but it actually wasn't that bad. Bothered my throat for a bit and gave me a HUGE sugar high. But after about 30 mins it wasn't so bad. So I had to sit and wait for a hour before they could take my blood again, which luckily was only 1 vile, and then had to sit for another hour on top of that for the last vile of blood to be taken.
Now to sit and wait for test results. Which as we all know usually take over a week to come in and the doctor only call's when something abnormal comes up. Luckily here in BC they have a web site you can register through to see your test results as soon as they come in. I am planning to do so later this weekend that way I wont be blindsided if anything un-normal comes about from this test.
XO
TF
No comments:
Post a Comment