Monday, July 25, 2011

Unscheduled Dr's visit and Gestational Diabetes Test Results

I made a "emergency" doctor's appointment today to deal with a pregnancy "symptom" that I felt wasn't normal today. Last night when I was in bed I was awoken by a really bad stinging/burning/pulling pain in my lower left side. I got up and went to the bathroom trying to figure out what had caused me to feel this god awful pain. And of course no clue as to what. No bleeding, no major cramping just this one shooting pain in my lower left side. I went back to bed and adjusted the way I was laying thinking that maybe I had just been sleeping funny. A few hours later the pain returned and it jolted me out of bed. Again made my way to the bathroom to try to figure it out. Needless to say it went away again. I didn't get a very good night sleep and really just wanted to stay home this morning. But I got up and dragged my butt off to work.
The pain continued on and off throughout the day and Ethan decided it would be fun to kick or punch me right where it was hurting. So finally around 12pm I had enough of the on and off pain and decided to call my Doctor's office to see if I could get in to see her. Unfortunately I had to leave work early as the only time they had free was 1:20pm.
I left work and made my way to my doctor's.
Got in to see her after waiting over 40mins (but on a emergency visit I was just gratefully to be seen) Had my weight checked (over 5Ibs in 2 weeks YAY ME!!) and I found out my gestational diabetes test results had come in (very fast considering I just did the test on Friday)
My doctor came into the room and did the usual check up of baby and myself. We are growing on schedule or as the doctor put it "beautifully". Healthy heart rate, great blood pressure and measuring wonderfully. Now on to the pain I am experiencing. She believes it to be my inguinal ligament and that Ethan is deciding to kick me right where the ligament is stretching (such a wonderful child already lol). She sent my urine sample off to make sure it wasn't any sort of infection but doesn't believe it to be as I would be in constant pain and not just acute episodes. But better to be safe than sorry. I have been given the OK to take extra strength Tylenol for the pain and to take it easy when it acts up.
Now on to my gestational diabetes test
The results : COMPLETELY NORMAL!! No gestational diabetes here!!! AND my Iron levels are COMPLETELY NORMAL!! (so no iron supplements) and my hemoglobin levels are COMPLETELY NORMAL!! I was VERY happy to hear this!!
Another little update in the wonderful life of being pregnant!
xo for now
TF

No comments:

Post a Comment