7 whole months...
28 weeks....
12 weeks left to go...
No matter which way you put it I still can't believe I am already 7months along in my pregnancy...I am at the end of my 28 weeks, which means just over 11 weeks from now and I will be at my due date...oh my goodness where is the time going??
So how is baby Ethan doing this week?? Well...
Baby Ethan is the size of a Chinese cabbage. Your baby is equal in weight to a Chinese cabbage -- about 2 1/4 pounds. (Length: almost 15 inches, from head to heel.)
And how is my belly expanding??
Yup definitely getting bigger!! Sorry for the horrible picture but I don't have a hubby at home to take it for me, so the 4-5blog posts on belly growth will be done with a self picture.
So how are we holding up?? Well Ethan seems to be doing well...kicking and moving up a storm as usual. Have had a few nights of not so well sleep due to his kicking and movements, but for the past 3-4 nights he seems to be settling back to his old routine of sleeping through the night, which I am grateful for. I have gotten some good jabs in the ribs and he still likes to kick me in my ligaments, but I am grateful for every single movement I feel, keeps my mind at ease that he is growing and doing well.
And well as for myself? I am doing ok, have had a few emotional break downs in the past week (yes a wonderful new pregnancy symptom that you never seem to be prepared for). The smallest things will send me into a fit full of tears and sobs. One example was when I realized I had measured his closet wrong and we had custom shelves cut the day prior...talk about a melt down.
The other BIG melt down this week was on Wednesday, when I had to say "see you in 2 months" to my husband. Yup that's right, his ship is on its way down to South America yet again. From what we know they are suppose to be letting him come home the end of Sept. But if they don't his ships return date is 2 days after my due date. Yes, yes, yes I have heard that with the first one you are usually a week or so late. BUT! I don't want to be that big and round and having to drive myself every week to my prenatal visits. At that point I am kind of hoping for someone to start helping me out with the driving and getting places. Not that it's a issue now...which it isn't...I am still working full time. But I think by the time I am 3 weeks away from my due date, my belly might be too big for me to sit behind a steering wheel. We shall see...
So for now its just myself, 2 dogs and a big ol belly of baby sweetness....so far....so good...but it's only been 2 days.
So far no stretch marks...thank you pregnancy gods!! Belly button is starting to finally become a outtie, where its partly poking out. Achene is still in full swing. And to add a new symptom, super itchy boobs!! that are sore ALL THE TIME!!!
Weight gain?? Not sure as I have been avoiding the scale because I am worried about my up coming doctor's appointment this coming Monday. Here is hoping that there is at least a pound or 2 of weight gain. I have changed my eating habits and have kicked up the protein intake.
Other apprehensions : I do not feel the slight bit ready for Ethan to be here!! There still feels like a list a million miles long of things we need to get, and not enough time or money to get them...but I will do my best to chip away at that list every pay day.
Anyway that's it for now, there will be a update on Monday after my Doctor's appointment. For now to all you readers. XO

No comments:
Post a Comment