I can't believe it!! 8 1/2 months!! 6 weeks left to go and we will be meeting our little man!
So this week brought some REALLY good news!! Daddy is coming home on Sept 26th!! 9 more days and he will be home again!! It was really up in the air there for awhile and got pretty emotional, but the captain of the ship finally saw his memo requesting to come home and approved it!!
I am about ready to be done work, the 5 am wake ups are becoming very hard and the drive in as well. But I am happy to say that I officially have 9 working days left of work, so just under 2 weeks and I will be off for at least 9 months!
Other good news is that Nicholas has been land posted as of the 24th of October (Ethan's due date) and from what I understand its usually a 3year posting, so no more sails!! Unless he gets attach posted to a ship for a sail but hopefully not. He will be here for all the major milestones, his first words, his first steps, his first tooth and all those wonderful things that I am so happy he wont be missing out on!
Also this week I got the things I had ordered for his nursery, 3 sets of sheets, his wall decals and a 2nd change pad cover. I also bought him 2 new sleepers and 2 more pairs of pants (came under the realization the other day that I only had 4 pairs of pants in newborn size and a crap load of onesies which wasn't very practical. I had a very hard time walking out of Carter's without more things but trying to be money smart...which is very hard when your expecting a baby and want to have everything a head of time.
The aches and pains of pregnancy are sure starting to take their toll on my body, my mid back in my rib cage is starting to hurt constantly. As I don't feel my rib cage really has expanded to leave room for Ethan and he's definitely making room which is bringing on constant upper back pain. My sciatic nerve acts up if I am sitting for long periods of time ie: the drive to work, by the time I get out of my seat in the parking garage I have pain shooting from my hip down to my calf. Calf cramps wake me up a few times a night, having to constantly re-arrange myself, I am a little worried how Nicholas will sleep with me constantly getting up to use the bathroom throughout the night (averaging 4-6times) and with me having to re-adjust myself every 2 hours in bed. It shall be interesting, I have a feeling one of us will end up sleeping on the couch.
I have also noticed that I have mastered that "cute" pregnancy waddle when I walk. I can no longer walk as fast as I use too and I waddle side to side. I am defenatly feeling/looking like a VERY pregnant lady now :)
Alright so on to the belly bump photos :)
Ethan and mommy on the way out to the Algonquin 1/2 way party. The family support for family of members serving on the Algonquin put a party on for spouse's celebrating the 1/2 way point of the ship's homecoming. Not that this applies to me anymore but I figured I would go out and meet some other wives ( I knew a few of the wives before hand) So here I am all dressed up and ready to go :)
And how is Baby Ethan growing this week?
Baby Ethan weighs as much as a cantaloupe. Your baby has bulked up like the average cantaloupe -- to about 4 3/4 pounds. (Length: almost 18 inches, head to heel.)Well that's the most recent news on Baby Ethan and I, we have our next doctor's visit on Wednesday so I will have a update for you then :)
XO


No comments:
Post a Comment