Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ultrasound and Non Stress Test

I had my ultrasound and non stress test yesterday. They both went pretty well in my books. Ethan is weighing in around 6.5Ibs give or take a pound (according to the ultrasound tech) and all his measurements are on scale to his gestational age. The ultrasound tech also reconfirmed that we are having a little boy. She has asked me if I had a 3D ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby, and I told her yes, so she asked what we were having, and I said a little boy. She just looked at me and smiled and nodded her head. I got 3 wonderful pictures of him. One of his face full on, he has THE chubbiest cheeks ever!! Another one of his spine and one of his mouth and nose.
As much as I would LOVE to put them up on here, I have no way of scanning them and getting them online.
So on to my non stress test...this is where it gets a little more interesting. So I am hooked up to the heart beat monitor, and contraction monitor and given a little blue button to push every time I felt him move. I had not eaten that morning as I have always been told prior to having a ultrasound not to eat as it affects the quality of the ultrasound. Well with not eating his moments were very few and far between. I was given a piece of cheese and 2 cookies and a glass of water in hopes of getting him up and moving. Needless to say it really didn't work to well...
Anyway on to the interesting part of the test. Apparently through the whole thing my uterus was contracting every 3 mins on the nose. Yep that's right my body was showing signs of pre-term labour. And I guess the intensity of the contractions had the nurse worried that she actually called the on call labour and delivery doctor to come down and see me. I however could not feel any of the contractions happening and for all I know they could still be happening now. I have been taken off work, so my last week of work was well...last week. But am not on bed rest, thank goodness! The doctor I saw yesterday wants me to at least make it into next week as then I will be 37weeks and considered full term, anytime after that he is free to come into the world.
Nicholas got home last night. YAY!! Its so nice to have life back to normal...
Well I will have more news on Thursday when I go for my 36 week doctor visit.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment