Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Little Link Halloween Costume

With this year being Ethan's "first" Halloween we went all out and made a home made costume, as we couldn't find what we wanted in stores. Dad set out to find a original Halloween costume for Ethan, and he sent me a link one day to another mom's blog who posted about "little link" and I fell in LOVE!!
For those of you who don't know who Link is, he's the main character from Zelda.
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Littlest-Link-Kid-Legend-of-Zelda-Costume/ (here is the website we got our idea from)
 (I originally wanted to dress him up as a dragon, which I could have just ordered off the internet, have it shipped to my house and all I would have had to do was put it on him, but the blood, sweat and tears were worth the out come. And yes...there was blood (from pin and needle pricks) sweat(from all the work) and tears(a few melt downs when needles on the sewing machine broke)

I used one of his shirts as a guide for his tunic, but just extended the bottom

Here is a picture of the tunic

After the shoulders and sides have been sewn

You know your a mom when, you can sit and use a sewing machine with your child in your lap

Ethan watching mommy make his costume

Ethan with his hat

Here are all the pieces of his costume, the boot covers I got from http://sewing.about.com/od/hallowee1/ss/costumeshoe.htm

The final product!! Love this, it suited our little boy SO WELL!!!
Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment