2 weeks old and time is still flying by!
So what has the past 2 weeks of life been like for our little guy?
He met his grandpa for the first time and got to spend 3 days with him.
He's spent time with his Grandma and his Nana getting lots of love and cuddles. He is also much more alert when he is up. You can see him focus in on objects and faces and respond to voices.
He has had a lot of sleepless nights of keeping mommy up all night and his time during the day sound asleep on mommy's chest.
We also had our 15 day old Dr visit where mommy learned that our little porker had gained 10 oz in 7 days! and grew a whole inch! He is currently 8Ibs 4oz and 22 1/2 inches. That is a whole pound in 2 weeks and 2 inches!
I think it explains the constant fussiness and wanting to eat every 2 hours.
He has earned another nickname from mommy "fuss pot" when I have gone through all the normal checks of trying to figure out his cries and nothing is working.
I am now onto our next big adjustment of trying to get him to sleep on his own in his play pen...yes yes I know co-sleeping isn't approved by many people but when your desperate for a few hours of shut eye you will do whatever it takes to get it, so do not judge.
I look forward to watching him grow and develop but at the same time I want him to stay little so I can wrap him up in my arms and just hold him forever! No one ever can explain the love you have for your own child.
xo



No comments:
Post a Comment