Thursday, January 5, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Now I know this is a super late post for Christmas and New Year's but I had to wait for family members to post photos, as I normally would be the one taking all the pictures, having a baby has made that hard and I only get a few on my iPhone which aren't the best quality.....so here is a late blog post on our 1st  Christmas and new years as a family of 3!!

Every year I take a photo of our dogs in front of our Christmas tree, this year I took a photo of Ethan in front of our tree and will every year to follow, a small tradition of mine that I started when we got Cardi.
Ethan with his 1st Christmas tree


Our dogs and their yearly tree photo

Our Christmas tree 2011

We spent Ethan's 1st Christmas with my parents (Nanna and Grandpa) and Nicholas's mom and step dad (Grandma and Grampy). I know he wont remember it but I sure will, I think at this age its more about mommy than the child :)

On the 23rd we went to butchart gardens to see the 12 days of Christmas lights.
Our 1st Christmas family photo

Ethan with Nanna and Grandpa
Christmas Eve morning we went out to My Chosin Cafe in Metchosin and had breakfast with Santa, we are trying to make this a yearly tradition with our families.
Ethan with Santa Claus

They decided to have a little nap together



Christmas eve we spent at Nicholas's mom and Maurice's house with family and all the kids got to open a present early. This year we opened gifts from Uncle Justin and Auntie April.

Christmas morning we had a small gift exchange at our house where Ethan "opened" his gifts from Nanna and Grandpa and a few others.
Our tree Christmas morning

Opening a gift from Nanna and Grandpa

Oh wow!!! Its a plane!! He also got a lot of clothes and his play mat that mommy and daddy decided he could get a month or so early.

The quilt from Auntie Mae ad Uncle Ryan (Auntie Mae made it)

After our gift exchange it was off to Grandma and Grampy's for Christmas morning breakfast, open gifts from Santa ad to spend the day with family!
Our Ornaments that Suzann(Grandma) buys us every year, specially picked out for each of us :)

A BIG present for Ethan!! I wonder what it could be!?

OH WOW!! A Wagon that has wheels OR ski's!!

And mommy and daddy got a glider!! Well more for mommy than anyone :) Has been a god send in the crazy late nights that Ethan keeps me up!


New Years Eve was a interesting one, we had a fussy baby from immunizations, a dog who had a upset stomach from something she had eaten and was throwing up all evening. But it was our first New Years Eve together and I wouldn't change it!!

Well that's the latest from us here! Each day is new and different but we are learning and growing!

XO







No comments:

Post a Comment