Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sleep Training Night #2

We have made it through our 2nd night of the sleep training, and I am happy to report that last night went so much better than the night before. I got Ethan down at the time I had wanted of 7:45pm and he was out very quickly. Unfortunately it wasn't for too long and he was up on and off until 1230am. But slept straight through till 4:40am, had a quick feed and was back in his crib by 5:00am, slept until 7:30am, had another quick feed and was back in his crib until 9:40am.
I am feeling much more rested and happy about the process. They crying still breaks my heart, and last night I couldn't sooth him by rubbing his leg like I did the night before, he actually moved away and got crankier if I was in the room with him. So I left him to cry alone which seemed to work because every time I left he would calm down quickly.
All in all I am happy to report we are making good progress, we are still working on the napping thing but the night sleeps are getting better :)
During one of his afternoon naps

Yup...this is how he sleeps...to me it doesn't look comfy but hey if it works for him then all to it baby boy


Now on to the disgusting thing that is happening in here on the island...its been snowing!! You would think that being from Alberta I would be use to this snow thing...but I hate it no matter where I am, yes its pretty and makes for wonderful photo's but...it puts a lot of restriction on what we can do and where we can go. I refuse to drive in the snow...there is no way you will catch me driving with this white stuff on the ground. Yes I know it limits what I can do and where I can go...but I rather be home safe and cozy than risking it out there driving.
I do want to get Ethan outside to get a picture of him with the snow but its just too darn cold for his little body to be out there. Oh well...next year :)
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment