Thursday, October 6, 2011

37 Week Doctor Visit

I had my 37 week doctor visit today, and unfortunately nothing super exciting to report. My blood pressure was normal, sugar levels in my urine were normal. Ethan's heart rate was between 133bpm-140bpm and apparently is face up but still head down and very low according to the doctor. I saw a new doctor that I have never seen before, well actually she was a resident doctor, guess I need to get use to other people poking and prodding me as I may not have one of my two doctors for delivery. My cervix is starting to move forward which is a good sign and that my on and off contractions are also good indications labour may come sooner than later. But other than that nothing new here, we are still playing the waiting game.
I've been off work now for over a week and getting a little stir crazy, but I guess that's just because I am use to my normal habit of getting up and going to work and being out of the house all day. I am not going to lie I do enjoy the late night habits we have gotten into staying up near midnight every night and sleeping in till 830-930am.
Ethan is usually up moving and kicking until I go to bed but does not wake me through the night very often so I am still hoping he will be like this when he is born. TO all you nay-sayers who have children....STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!! Not every baby/child/pregnancy is the same, each are different in their own way. So I am sorry if your child/baby/pregnancy is difficult but mine isn't. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I am just stating that I am tired of hearing negative thoughts/comments, let me enjoy my pregnancy, I only have 3 weeks left and I want to remain positive and optimistic as it keeps me calm and not stressed out. Thank you!
So how is Ethan growing this week?
Baby Ethan is as long as a stalk of Swiss chard. Your baby is as lofty as a stalk of Swiss chard and weighs 6 1/3 pounds. (Length: a bit over 19 inches, head to heel.)

So here is a little update about us, Nicholas and I are working on Ethan's nursery a little today by putting up shelving and hopefully his wall decals. Pictures to come once its all organized and cleaned.
Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment